Admission to CSRIS is based on entrance exams(Maths and English) and an interview which takes place with the school Principal and /or coordinators. The main requirement for entry to the school is based on a students’ ability to access our curriculum using English. The school does sometimes offer ESL (English as a Second Language) support .
Entrance exams are held on fixed dates decided by CSRIS administration.
a. Applicants coming from Cambridge accredited schools are admitted according to their school transcripts and achievements.
b. Applicants who seek admission to A and AS Levels and IGCSE programmes are required to take additional subject exams according to their field interest.
Admission to CSRIS is open to any child regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender.
Our school specializes in offering CIE education in a unique educational context. We offer a very dynamic CIE curriculum that appeals to a wide range of international students within Central Asia. Our perspective is very international which is reflected in our very diverse student population. In order to access and enjoy our curriculum we assess students upon entry to the school. We assess their understanding and competence in using English as a medium of instruction and then ask them to perform a range of age related standardized tasks.
We do have ESL (English as a Second Language) support staff, so we do admit a proportion of students who may benefit from extra support in English. This proportion is controlled to carefully balance the needs for each class.
Interviews are only performed should a place be available. Applications are retained by the school and kept on file. Parents are contacted in order of application date and admissions criteria.
Application for all classes is encouraged the 5 months before entry as entrance exams are in April, May and August.
- Tuition fee is kept to a minimum as CSRIS is a non-profit organization. We have a very low fee when compared to other Cambridge Schools.
- Kindergarten/Primary/Secondary – 9000 US dollars
- IGCSE – 11000 US dollars
- A Level – 13000 US dollars
- Books, uniform, food and transportation are included in tuition fee.
- Additional charges for Cambridge official examination fees.
Students have a great chance to get a scholarship in CSRIS. There are three types of scholarships based on achievements.
Internal exams All students from grade 1 to 9 take Progress Check Internal Exams once per term. According to the average of the three internal exams, three students will get scholarship from each grade level.
- 1st place- 50%
- 2nd place -40 %
- 3rd place – 30 %
IGCSE (Grades 9-10): At least 3 As and 3 Bs, student receives a 50% discount on the annual tuition fee. AS Level (Grade 11): At least 2 As and 2 Bs, student receives a 50% discount on the annual tuition fee. Note:
- Scholarships will be given for the following academic year.
- Students who leave school the next academic year cannot benefit from scholarships.
- If a student gains two or more scholarships, only the highest discount will be applied.
- Scholarships do not include food, school uniform and book fees.
- Students who commit disciplinary offences cannot benefit from scholarships.